Thursday, February 26, 2009

a healthy, delicious frozen dinner? Is it possible??

I have made a discovery. I eat frozen dinners sometimes, despite the fact that they aren't very good food and also aren't all that good for you. HOWEVER - they are cheap, and fast. During the last year and a half when I didn't have a car, sometimes microwave meals were the best option for my lunches.

So - I've experimented a little and my favorite brand has been Healthy Choice. Their cafe steamers seem fresh, and I love their little cherry desserts that come with some of the full meals. Even still... it's not an option I look forward to, they are just better then most of the alternative.

Well... last week I saw that Healthy Choice has a new line of all-natural frozen dinners. I was intrigued and bought one and LOVED it. This week I bought the same one again and a new kind... all good!

The crazy thing is just looking at the ingredient list for these dishes. They are... short. I actually can identify almost all of the ingredients, and they include lots of veges. For instance, the one I have in front of me is Portabella Spinach Parmesan, and it includes baby portabella's, spinach, tomatoes, red peppers, olive oil, salted chablis, garlic and onion puree, corn starch, and lemon juice.

All of the options that I've tried so far have been delicious.. I love it! I hope they come out with more options.

No comments: