Friday, March 27, 2009

Quick Takes

  • A couple of weeks ago I chatted with my good friend Simon on facebook chat, and we had a long talk about suffering and hope in light of the darkness that is so overwhelming in the work he does (in the persecuted church). I forwarded him an article by Ziya Meral that I'd just read in Christianity Today that related to our chat - and two weeks later, Simon actually got to meet Ziya and have a long chat about it all (the persecuted church, hope, suffering, and the theologian Moltman). How crazy is that?? I couldn't believe it.
  • I love the things I find through the blog world. This week I needed dinner last-minute, and my new blogging friend Kaycee posted this recipe for pan-fried pork chops using a package of french onion soup. It was a bit hit over here and we'll be keeping the reciple!
  • I went in to a thrift store last week. I forget what reason I had, but whatever it was, it was completely self-deception, because I never leave a thrift store without something. This was a particularly exciting find, though, because I lost my brown boots in our travels at Christmas, and this week was cold and rainy and I was prepared to need boots. SCORE. Check out these brand new boots for $10 -

    From Recently Updated

  • Earlier this week I wrote about the baby bug. Check out the two little girls we babysit for. This little one has Isaac wrapped around her little finger, and she thinks he is SO funny.
    From Recently Updated


    Look at those eyes!
    From Recently Updated


    Her little sister has been dubbed by her dad "my amazon baby"
    From Recently Updated


    She's a chunker!
    From Recently Updated


    Anyways, we love our evenings with the girls.
    From Recently Updated

2 comments:

Jaimie said...

She's enormous!

Snazzy shoes.

I don't like Matt (American Idol). I'm glad he was sulking. It makes sense; I could really see that side of him in his eyes, lingering. I don't know. I don't claim to have super powers, but I AM a writer.... lol. ;)

It's Adam for me.

Kaycee said...

Oh my gosh, cute girls! Those pictures give me the baby bug and I already have two. I can't believe how chunky that baby is.

Thanks for the mention. I just put The Mission of God on my wish list, it sounds really interesting.