Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A 5th grade choir totally pull of Coldplay's "Viva La Vida"

When Eugene Cho's blog posted this video, I was sure I wouldn't like it. A kids choir doing Coldplay's Viva La Vida?

Wrong. I love it. I got chills.




I love that the choir teacher is hip and cool and obviously is passionate about teaching these kids to love music and sing it passionately. I love seeing 5th grade public school kids get into the music and be so expressive. Turns out they have a blog. I love it. Passionate teachers can have such an affect on kids. It was an amazing art teacher that made me love drawing, and a passionate history teacher that made Isaac love history.

3 comments:

Jaimie said...

Awesome. Makes me want to teach.

Kaycee said...

I saw this video too and loved it. Seeing stuff like this reaffirms my decision to get a teaching degree.

I love seeing all of these uplifting videos making the rounds. It's a nice change from the cynical stuff I usually get in my email.

Sarah Eliza @ devastateboredom said...

Such a good song, and it's really moving how much they got into it...