Thursday, April 16, 2009

How to pick up a girl in your college library

Earlier this week I jumped on facebook for a minute and got a message on facebook chat from a single male friend who is my age but is just now finishing up at my alma-mater. The following conversation ensued (forgive the incorrect punctuation, grammar, etc. It's CHAT, people).

Single friend
ok...not to sound girl crazy cause I'm really
not..have a question for ya

Kacie
well, you're single and interested in women, which isn't crazy.

Single Friend
lol..ok...here is the situation. I'm in the computer lab now at school and to my direct left in the fist section is a really cute girl who looks like a grad student. I think she keeps looking over this way...but I'm not sure. is there anyway to introduce oneself without looking like a fool?

Kacie
haha! So what type of girl does she look like? Does she carry herself with confidence and dress trendy?

Single Friend
yes

Kacie
Then I don't think you'll freak her out if you're just pretty blunt if that's your only option.... unless you can think of something you absolutely need help with that is near her computer.. lol! Or you could try walking past and dropping something and see if she picks it up.

Single Friend
hahha...that's funny. There is no way to look cool hitting on a woman in the library in front of other students. Well she left..but her books and coat are still there along with her girlfriend.

Kacie
heyyy that's perfect... tell the girlfriend you're interested and ask if her friend is single.

Single Friend
lol...I'm going to look like an idiot, but I'll be right back.
d*** it...her friend got up right as I was getting up.

Kacie
foiled!

Single Friend
Now both her and her friend are gone but there stuff is over
there, I should go recon her name.

Kacie
Totally - then you can facebook stalk her

Single Friend
Exactly...I like the way you think

Kacie
She might be in the yearbook or directory. Surely you have a grad student friend
that can do your research for you.
this is awesome

Single Friend
dang it..I couldn't see anything without making it obvious I was going through their stuff. ah!! I could pull the fire alarm. Then I could stand next to her and strike up conversation..."boy it sure is cold out here."

Kacie
I would laugh... SO HARD. Don't do it though.

Single Friend
no one is over there, I could leave a note
...
ok..her friend is back

Kacie
are you going over there?

Single Friend
going...

her name is *****, grad student and single!
Is that not amazing? It was such great entertainment. The follow up is that he ended up chatting with the girl and she volunteered her contact info. Hopefully it well end in a date. It totally never hurts to try, gentlemen! Then again, he is in the small library computer lab of a small Christian college, so that narrows down the type of girl she could be pretty far.

2 comments:

Jaimie said...

That's an amusing story. I love it, mostly because he has balls *and* he sounds like the guy who won't stalk you to death if you aren't interesting. Score, and score.

Jaimie said...

*interestED.