Thursday, April 2, 2009

insane jealousy - the fam went to Europe without me!

Keep in mind - it was really my dream to live in Europe. My husband and I had our lives switched, we think, because he should have really grown up with the jungle and endless exploring at his back door, and I should have grown up drinking tea and enjoying the culture and history of England.

Turns out we both liked our own upbringing, but I still LOVE Europe. Isaac suspects that I partly married him to be guaranteed visits to England (his family is there, and my dearest friend Rachel is as well... convenient!). Still, despite all of my effort, I still have not been to the continent of Europe... only to islands of the UK and Cyprus.

So... I am very, very jealous of this:

From Recently Updated


My internationally located half of the family went to a conference in Germany. They visited Kandern and the Black Forest Academy. They met up with German friends that took them around a few adorable cities. They had pastries and went on runs in the hills. They met up with the Haughs from Papua.

Then they went to Switzerland... *sigh*... and met up with our friends the Sunarjos and enjoyed the Alps. Yes... I am bitter. :)

From Recently Updated


For those of you that are new - I am the oldest of six kids, and my family is precious to me. Aren't they adorable?
From Recently Updated


My dear sisters are all grown up, it's so crazy. And I've noticed that they are way trendier than I was at their age. That's the benefit of being the younger kids, I guess. They've learned from us older ones, I guess, even if we were losers when we were their age.

From Recently Updated


I love how loving they are to Matt

From Recently Updated


I also loved seeing that Matt seemed to totally thrive on the social group at the conference. There's only a few English speaking kids his age in the city they live in now, and as an outgoing kid he dived right in to the kids program. He's at the age where kids are more aware and more embarrassed by him having Downs, so I'm also so glad when kids are accepting of him. He thinks he's super cool... lol!

From Recently Updated


Yes... I miss us!

From Drop Box


From Drop Box


DSCF5501

2 comments:

junglewife said...

It's so hard to be away from our families, isn't it? Especially at times like this... when they are doing things we wish WE could be doing, too!

Jaimie said...

Yep, I see your sister is sporting the skinny jean. Trendy indeed.