Saturday, May 23, 2009

Fruit-cubes

So, this is a random idea of mine. I've been getting fantastic coupons from Kroger for their packages of frozen berries, so I've had frozen strawberries and blueberries on hand. When I brought home some extra Sprite and Mountain Dew, I had a genius moment (which always could mean totally disaster, but in this case I liked the results).

Step 1: Blend together fruit.
Step 2. Pour into ice trays and freeze
Step 3: Add some fruit-cubes to a glass (you gotta admit, the wine glasses make it look sophisticated).


Step 4: Add sprite or mountain dew or any kind of lime or lemon pop... or I guess non-carbonated drink would work as well.


Step 5: Enjoy the transformation from fruit cubes to punch.




5 comments:

Sturgmom said...

Awesome idea! I miss Kroger. We ONLY have HEB here (besides WalMart) and HEB doesn't ever double or triple coupons. Have you found all the blogs that list the Kroger deals and coupon match-ups?

Michelle said...

Great idea and fun too!

Rae said...

That is a very good idea. And looks great!

I think that I am too lazy to try it on a regular basis, but will keep it in mind next time I want to make a birthday dinner or some such thing a bit more special.

Annie Peterson said...

that IS brilliant! You are fun, Kacie. :)

Alice said...

Yum, I will try it!