Monday, August 10, 2009

Photos of Summer Life in Dallas

It's been a good, full summer. This week we head to Chicago to meet Isaac's family as they return to the US, and we are SUPER excited about that. Chicago is still our US home.

But... here's a few photos from life recently.

The tulips Isaac spontaneously bought me. On the scale of "love languages", I am definitely a gift-giver, so a spontaneous gift speaks volumes to me!

From Summer 2009


and... on our anniversary date we went to watch Shakespeare in the Park and I was thoroughly impressed by the hair on this lady in front of us:
From Summer 2009

The girls from my community group. We've been meeting for a year and a half, and it's been a steady journey towards really knowing and being able to encourage and challenge each other. I've been in girls groups before but this is our first married couple groups, and it's been really good.

From Summer 2009


Our group spent a weekend at a lakehouse owned by the older couple that lead our group for our first year. It ROCKED. We got to go tubing, swimming in the amazing community pool, some of us went cliff jumping, we played games, talked late into the night, and in general had a blast.

From Summer 2009


From Summer 2009


From Summer 2009


From Summer 2009


From Summer 2009


From Summer 2009


These are from a month or so ago, stolen from my roomie's facebook album - Isaac and I on the 4th of July:
From Summer 2009


And the beginning of a 3 day game of Risk in which Isaac almost lost but ended up winning *rolls eyes*.

From Summer 2009


I struggled when we got to Dallas because we didn't know anyone and I didn't have my own transportation. Pretty much for a whole year Isaac and I were on our own, and if we wanted to do something fun or go out, we went out alone. That wasn't all bad, but it did lead to feeling isolated and lonely. Two years later, this summer stands in sharp contrast since we've been busy all summmer with activities with friends and family. I am SO thankful for that.

3 comments:

Annie Peterson said...

Yay for friends to do stuff with!

Jaimie said...

I remember when you were lonely. I'm glad it's turned out better. :)

Togenberg said...

I am so glad you met people and made connections.

I love that flower picture.