Monday, October 26, 2009

My Trip to Chicago - the city I love!

My visit to Chicago was busy with responsibilities and I didn't get much time out in the city, but I did get out one morning and snapped some photos. See - I'm lovin it, even though it's cold and wet and gray and was almost the whole time I was there!

From Chicago Fall Trip


I don't mind cold and wet and gray, in fact I rather like it so long as it's limited! Besides, I miss the beautiful fall colors! It was wonderful to get a taste of it and not have to deal with the deadly Chicago winter! Things were just starting to color, especially the vines and small trees.

From Chicago Fall Trip


From Chicago Fall Trip


Right after I took the last photo I was met by these two little guys - dressed in coordinating rain coats. Only in the city...

From Chicago Fall Trip


From Chicago Fall Trip


And this same morning I ran to get coffee and a muffin since I'd missed breakfast. I love the coffee shops in Chicago, and this is quite a concept. This is a bank. Except you can barely tell because it's also a coffee shop with incredibly cheap coffee, free wi-fi, public computers, flatscreen tvs showing the news, and plenty of places to sit and read.

From Chicago Fall Trip


I wonder if the bank is making money on it?

From Chicago Fall Trip


When the rain cleared out the city was gorgeous.

From Chicago Fall Trip


From Chicago Fall Trip


From Chicago Fall Trip


I love how saturated all the colors are after rain.

And I also LOVE Chicago's own Intelligensia coffee, particularly their lattes, which have been elevated to the level of art (thank you, Alysa, for stopping by Intelligensia for me!)...

From Chicago Fall Trip

Ahhhh....

6 comments:

Ramit said...

Love the coffee pic the most! Dunno why! It's so cute!

Frances said...

aaah! I LOVE intelligensia! It always feels so special!

Annie Peterson said...

I've never heard of Intelligensia! Where is it??

Kacie said...

What, never heard of Intelligensia? They're famous! They actually roast their beans IN Chicago and you can tour their roasting facilities, I believe. I went to one on North Broadway, but I think they have another location as well? They sell online too!

CM said...

Those are some amazing pics!

Bethany said...

I've never heard of Intelligensia either, but good to know about! That bank with the coffeeshop in it is just too cool!!!! Awesome pics :)