Saturday, October 24, 2009

My Trip to Chicago - People I Love!

So remember how I went to Chicago (again)? I got to see these amazing people, some of my favorite in the world.

First and most important, my sister Jana (who at this point was just back from running like six miles, which is sick).

From Chicago Fall Trip


I got to stay in Jana's dorm room and meet her crazy/amazing friends. Good times. Only problem is there's never ENOUGH time! I do so love her, she amazes me.

And then...Alysa! Unfortunately Alysa got a photo of us that I missed, but here are her beautiful kids:
Jackson

From Chicago Fall Trip


and Maddie

From Chicago Fall Trip


And then I stayed an extra evening after the conference I was there for so that I could venture up to the suburbs to see my precious friend Ana. Here's the thing, Ana has a husband and a baby boy - the first of my friends my age to have a baby. I've been such a proud Auntie, and with good reason, because Raphael (Raphy) be any cuter?

From Chicago Fall Trip


From Chicago Fall Trip


Ana is such a good mom - so intentional and RIGHT THERE with little Raphael. It really has been amazing for all of us girls watch her morph into the role of a mom with such ease. She has another one on the way now, today she sent me an ultrasound photo with the announcement that it's a girl!

From Chicago Fall Trip


From Chicago Fall Trip


From Chicago Fall Trip


Raphy is such a funny kid that constantly cracked me up. He calls me Tia, which is Portuguese for "auntie". He thought the Culby ramp was a slide and had to push himself the whole way down.

From Chicago Fall Trip

Cutest of all, he got all excited when he saw Jana's baseball hat and thought he was SOOO cool when he put it on. Then he saw a football and was beside himself, and so we began a game of catch. See below. Can you say adorable? Yeah. Far more hilarious, though, was when he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror in the back of the photo and started posing to catch the football and checking himself out in the mirror admiringly, just like a teenager. SO FUNNY.
From Chicago Fall Trip

Love them. Love them all.
From Chicago Fall Trip

No comments: