Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Flashback Photos - Rick and Ken

To most of you this will be meaningless, but you Papua people might appreciate it. Remember a few weeks ago when I posted about Ken being in town and Ken, Rick, and Laura coming over for Indonesian food, a game of Settlers, and long chats?

From childhood


From childhood


Well, afterwards I dug up photos from ... *mentally does the math* nine years ago when we forged a friendship through yearbook class and spent a ton of time together for their last six months of their senior year of high school.

I love this one of Ken, my brother, and two of Calebs friends that are practically brothers (Kevin and Anthony).

The personalities just shine through, don't they?


From childhood

Love it. Actually the boys played Risk until the early morning hours that night. I don't remember if I played but if I did I got kicked off early because I just remember the intense competition between the boys. Gotta love Ken's hair, too. My Dad loves insulting people and dubbed Ken "fluffhead" during this stage.

We were all at the same table at that very memorable Junior Senior Banquet that year, and it was a blast.
From Drop Box


And then there's this photo, which is a horrible photo of most of us, but it was taken at the airport as we said goodbye to a whole stage of life and sent Rick and Ken off to their future. The four of us (the Fearsome Foursome) spent much of our yearbook class and study hall that year talking and goofing off and generally not getting work done. It was wonderfully fun and memory making, and probably drove Mr. Pattison crazy. Oh well, the yearbook DID get done, with a number of late night working sessions!


From childhood

It never ceases to amaze me that after all those years, Rick and Ken could be in my living room playing Settlers - with my husband and my roomates. I am so glad that friendships continue.

(before Jake & Dana's wedding)
From Drop Box


(from before my wedding)
From Drop Box

(after Linda's wedding)
From Recently Updated

No comments: