Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Change in the Weather in Dallas

Before Thanksgiving during a couple days of rain I took these photos on our back patio:

From end of 2009


From end of 2009


Cool rain... wet, chilled, and with the colors of Autumn.

Well, yesterday Isaac yelled when he caught a glimpse out of the window and saw this:

From end of 2009


From end of 2009


My incredulous facebook status confirmed that Dallas snowed before Chicago or even Eastern Canada. What?? Crazy. In any case, it's officially the Christmas season to me, and our household has decorated accordingly.

From end of 2009


My roomie Steph seems to have a sense for decorating, because it is gorgeous in our living room. When the candles are lit, the lights are on, and Christmas music is playing... oh, it's so festive.

See... Isaac is in the mood:
From end of 2009


Yes, his Santa hat is flashing like ambulance lights. We are so classy.

5 comments:

Rae said...

I am a little bit jealous of your snow. But the autumn pictures are beautiful, and I guess that I should just learn to appreciate what I have!

~ Jan ~ said...

I heard you HAD snow! I loved it when it snowed in Dallas...just didn't seem right for living in Texas. :)

Alice said...

We finally got some flurries today. Your place looks so cozy and fun!

CM said...

We had snow yesterday...I have mixed feelings about it; I like it with Christmas season, but I don't like to drive in it! Light up hats... isn't that the definition of class? :)

Sturgmom said...

In the last picture, I think you mean Klassy! HAHA! The decorations do look gorgeous. No tree for us yet, but it's looking like we'll find the time this weekend!