Wednesday, January 6, 2010

One month.... one month til the final season of Lost!

I have come to a conclusion. I don't think there's any possible way Lost can wrap up in a way that will completely satisfy me. There's too many dangling ends, and I want them to all tie together in a perfect package that will leave everyone amazed at how everything was tied together from the beginning and didn't make sense until now.

Not possible. If it was all a perfect story, someone would have figured it out by now. So, I am prepared for that perfect ending to not happen. What I DO expect is plenty of good drama, mystery, and philosophy en route to an ending that will show that there WAS an interesting central theme the whole time, even though some of the drama and symbolism was thrown in just to make it interesting and draw in viewers. There better be an interesting central theme though. If it ends up being some crappy overdone idea, I will die.


118573_D_SUPPER_01aR1



Check that picture out - the Lost version of the Last Supper (my layout cuts off half the photo, click on it to see the whole thing). It fascinates me. Locke in the middle, in the spot Jesus sits. Last season his character was constantly given spiritual themes - he dies, he "rises again", he sacrifices himself... and this photo is tagging on that theme. The final episode of last season seemed to paint him on the opposite side of the picture, though, so I'm very intrigued to see how that goes down this season, and if it ends up being central to the plot.

The other interesting thing about this picture to me is that Claire is in it - showing that she will be back as a central character. I'm glad - that was a dangling end I really wanted to see wrapped up.

I CAN NOT WAIT.

2 comments:

Jaimie said...

And now I hate Lost even more because they ripped Battlestar Galactica. Okay, so a lot of people spoof The Last Supper, but BSG WAS JUST LAST YEAR!!!!! *screams*

This Heavenly Life said...

I get so anxious every year waiting for Lost to begin...and now this is finally the end, and I'm coming apart at the seams. I'm so excited! But I'm with you -- I see no possible way it can be all wrapped up neatly in the end. It's too....weird....convoluted...and weird :) Love it.