Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Letter to Peanut - II

4/12/2010

Dear Peanut,
Wow, your dad and I aren't sure how long we can keep you a secret! It's been under a week that we've known, but still it's miserable trying to keep you out of conversation with our roommates around, especially when you are on our minds constantly! And on Sunday after Church when we met with our small group and our friend Lauren opened up the conversation by saying she'd had a dream about me being pregnant... how in the world does one respond that?? We haven't even been to the doctors yet so we really aren't ready to tell people, but it is pretty difficult! Your dad intentionally deceived the group by saying, "Nope, no fetus yet." That is technically true, since medical speak says you're an embryo until 10 weeks, I believe, but it was meant to throw the group off track and effectively did.

Today we go in to see the doctor. I have to admit I'm nervous - I guess I have no idea what to expect! We don't even know how far along I am. I started feeling sick over the last two days, but just mildly sick.

4/13/2010
I can hardly wrap my mind around the fact that I'm pregnant. I suddenly got very nervous yesterday when Isaac and I walked into the doctor's office. It's just so strange - in my head I'm still 18, what business do I have thinking I'm ready to be a mom? Isaac reminded me I'm nearly 10 years older than that, but still, this is quite a change. We saw you on the sonogram - a tiny bright spot about the size of a rice crispy, they said. The doc said there's no heartbeat yet, but it would probably start beating over the next few days. How crazy is that? No heart beat one day, a heart beat the next? *shakes head*... it is amazing how fast life can grow.

11 comments:

Jaimie said...

I am loving this series.

Rae said...

Oh! I hadn't thought about how you'd keep it a secret from your housemates. How long did that last?

Stephanie said...

not very long :)

justaweeblether said...

Would it be waiting tables? When I said, "just about anything" I had specifically in mind that I had already vowed never to return to food service unless it was supervisory or something. :) If they had other types of positions I'm willing to look into it, but in order for the commute to be worth it I would need to make at least $13/hr.

The Bald Guy said...

Ah geez, good luck!

Anonymous said...

interresting

Anonymous said...

boy or girl

Anonymous said...

why peanut

Anonymous said...

why the name peaunut

Kacie said...

Anonymous, who are you? Peanut is not a name, just a nickname - it's what my mom called me when I was a baby as well - because babies are small like peanuts. And it's also too small right now to know if it's a boy or a girl yet.

rae said...

Seriously laughing out loud at the idea of you naming your baby peanut. (and no, I'm not anon!)