Sunday, June 6, 2010

Friends in Chicago

We went to Chicago for a wedding two weekends ago. It was, as usual, great. I sometimes feel like almost everyone I know is in Chicago, which makes visits complicated. 

There was Bob (one of Isaac's groomsmen and one of the first people I met in undergrad) and Ellie ... and their three adorable kids...
From 2010

And we were joined by Josh and Kathryn:
From 2010

From 2010

And another visit to Augustinos Deli in Wheaton, which is where J & K took us last year as well. It's fantastic. They are fantastic. I still dream of us all living in the same place again one day. We joked about living in the same house actually.... and you know what happened last time we did that....

And there was Garrett's famous popcorn.

From 2010

None of that cheese stuff for me. I'm a caramel girl.

From 2010

And there was girl time with the bride, bridesmaids, and sisters/sisters-in-law (it's weird how families are melding in social circles. Makes things confusing). We had smores at Cosi's, which is so much fun. I don't know if I've ever had anything at Cosi's other than smores, actually. What a genius idea. Overprice really cheap ingredients because it's fun to roast marshmellows over a little flame in a cafe:

From 2010

And there was Rachel and Jason and their brand new baby, who I held like three times because I'm so enthralled by little people and that fact that I'll have one of my own soon:

From 2010

From 2010

Bad photo. Go to Rach's blog for a better one. He's a cute little booger.

And there was Ari and baby Ace, who is just about the most beautiful little boy you ever saw and has just returned to the US after months of running half naked around the jungle in total freedom. That's the life, folks. I can't believe we've all grown up. Ari is the other girl that lived with my family at the same time as Emily, which I wrote about last week. Seriously, I really am still 18, which makes momma ari like... 13? I'm in denial, guys...
From 2010

From 2010


And there was Greektown and Moody and Penang and Wheaton and Oak Park and a wedding (more on that later)... AND we met up with Annie but I didn't get a photo (bad me)....

I just love meeting up with old friends.

2 comments:

cclarebear said...

great photos! i can't believe ari has a baby, seems like yesterday she was so little and running around...

and your sister is looking more and more like you than she ever has.

again... great photos :)

Jase and Rach said...

That cute baby just spit up on me. Oh the things you have to look forward to. :)

Are you all moved? It must be nice to be able to start thinking about getting stuff ready for baby.