Friday, July 23, 2010

Dear Peanut..... you're a boy!

Dear Peanut....
What a week it's been.
On Saturday, we hit 20 weeks of this pregnancy thing. That means we're halfway through! I started feeling you move last week, just little flutters here and there. Already those movements are stronger...

On Sunday, I flew in to DFW airport and waddled over to your Dad, who didn't know whether to laugh at me or sweep me off my feet to relieve my poor swollen feet! Three weeks in China while pregnant was quite an adventure, but apparently traveling was quite alright with you because you grew while we were there and people tell me they can actually tell that I'm pregnant now... and that's a good thing. Half my team got sick from the food, but you and I were fine! That's the last time I'll travel internationally without a child (well, you're in-utero, but that's different!) for quite a while. I'm really thankful I got this chance - I thrive on travel and love to see the world, and there's no way I would have been able to do this without it being a paid work trip. Travel has been the very best part of my job.

Yesterday your Dad and I met at the hospital for another appointment, and were whisked straight into the ultrasound room. It was amazing to see you moving all around! On the screen you look like a little baby at play, and it's hard to believe that all of that is in my little belly, and that you're moving so much and yet I can barely feel it! I'm sure that will change. We got to see your fingers and toes, your spine, your brain, your little beating heart, and as the ultrasound-tech said, "little-boy parts!". Yep, it was pretty clear, you're a boy. As Isaac said, "I didn't care whether it was a boy or a girl, but now that I know it's a boy, I'm excited to have a boy!". A boy.... I think your dad IS thrilled to have a little boy to play with. Hopefully you're not quite as loud of an infant as both your dad and my brother were.... but hey, I'll love you regardless. AND this way maybe we'll have an easier entry into the teen years?

Today is your Dad and my five-year anniversary. Five years already - how time flies! When people used to ask us when we'd have kids, we'd wave the question away and say, "Oh, not for years, like five years or so." And now... those years flew by and it HAS been five, and you're on your way. Ironically we have been poorer every year (this year mostly because of YOU and the danged US insurance/medical system), and thus the anniversary will consist of eating pizza out and watching a movie at home! That's okay. This year after being apart because of the China travel, and because of the wonder of experiencing you growing in me, a quiet and cheap little celebration will still be special. I tell you what, I am so thankful that your dad is your dad and my husband. He loves you. He keeps talking to you, wanting you to know his voice, to know he loves you and is waiting for you. He's so excited you're coming.

6 comments:

Amy B. said...

YAY a boy beeb! Congratulations!

Before I knew my baby was a boy, all I ever thought about was having a little girl...but now I am SO excited about having a boy!

We are poorer right now than we have been in our whole marriage too, which should worry me more than it is, but I have to trust God is going to provide.

CM said...

Congrats! That's so exciting!

Rach said...

I love this Kacie. Super sweet. I was sure that Judah was a girl until I saw his clear little BOY parts. But now I wouldn't trade my sweet boy for the world. I'm so glad that your pregnancy is going well. The movements are so much fun...especially when your belly starts to visibly move, like some alien monster. Craziness.

Jason must miss that, because he keeps hinting (not subtly) that Judah needs a little sibling soon. Uhhh....let's hold that thought.

nickelo said...

YAY I'm so glad for you! I can't wait to see pics of when he's born and that is so sweet what your husband dose. Happy anv as well

Ana said...

Congratulations!

DebD said...

congratulations...how wonderful to have a boy.