Monday, August 16, 2010

Exhibit B of a flash mob in China

You remember my first post about flash mobs in China whenever a white person did something interesting. This is Exhibit B.

My friend and her daughter fascinated everyone because they were both blond. In this case we were out in the town square, hitting up the local shops. My friend stopped to say hello to some adorable kids playing in the middle of the square:

From china

As you can see, it took about 20 seconds for a crowd to begin gathering:
From china

The crowd thickened:
From china

Until I was actually being pushed out of the crowd:
From china

And right after my last photo, I lost sight of them completely. Our Chinese-speaking leader hand to push through and fish my friend out of the mob! It all happened in probably 4 minutes... amazing.

From china

1 comment:

Jaimie said...

I think Americans are way too individualistic, space-loving and free-spirited to flash mob like that. China celebrates the group mentality.