Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's RAINING! (Dallas Summer Heat)

I woke up today and was ELATED to see raindrops on the window.

I checked weather.com and was beyond excited to see a high 90 degrees forecast for the day.

I sat on my couch with my Bible and my computer, grinning like a fool and feeling on top of the world.

I drove to work in the COOL air.

I've been driving without an AC all summer - sweating it out and attempting to plan and strategize for the fastest way to get from place to place, always parking in the shade if at all possible, and nearly dying when I was caught in traffic and left sweltering.

Ouch
(not my car, by the way)

- I  wonder... with the orange air pollution watch in effect for this entire last month, what exactly do they expect us to do when there's an air pollution watch? Stop breathing? Move cities? I always see it and think, "Wow, that's bad..." and then have no idea what else to do.

- Three days ago I shook my fist at the sky and said, "It's time to turn off the heater!!"... and my friends moved away lest they be struck by the same lightning I was about to be struck by.

- Forty-eight hours ago it was 107 degrees outside, the end of a solid month of highs above 100 degrees.

- That night I checked the temperatures at 10pm and it was still in the upper 90's. 

- Yesterday my current boss mentioned that it's been the hottest summer in Dallas that he's experienced since he moved here in 1981, That's before I was born! Just my luck that the heat wave arrives the summer I am here and without AC and pregnant.

- Last night Isaac and I took a walk, discovered the temperature was dropping, and I was giddy with happiness. 

- Today it is blissfully cool and rainy.

and I LOVE it...
and I am very thankful that He's turned down the heat.

2 comments:

CM said...

Hmm... I won't tell you about our temperatures. I'm glad things are feeling a little better!

Andrea Elizabeth said...

Amen!

We didn't get any of the rain out here west of the metroplex, but the cool, cloudy day was such a relief and soooooooooo nice.