Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Drink obsessions

When I come back from an overseas trip I go through this phase where I'm always making whatever drink is popular wherever I've just been.

For instance, I was introduced to the omnipresence of a cup of tea on my first trip to England. Now we always have it around, but I make it constantly after a trip there.


tea for two

Of course, it's not as good as a full cream tea!

When I went to visit my family in South Asia there was chai everywhere, all the time. It was .... amazing. I came home and made chai all the time for a while.


Masala Chai - Masala Tea - Indian Tea - Chai Tea - ชาอินเดีย

Of course it's not quite the same without fresh naan and daal.... and really proper chai is pretty labor intensive, so I rarely make it anymore.
Lunch special at Pakwan

Doodh-Pati-Rocks

We came home from China this summer with plenty of green tea that had been gifted to us. It was everywhere in China often with awesome mugs. I don't make it constantly, but considering I never had green tea before, having it even semi-regularly is a change!

Tea break

More more tea

HuTong oolong tea

Eventually my drink obsession evens out and I take my pick between my options. Milk tea? Green tea? Espresso with cream? A cuppa? Sweetened Indonesian tea? Chai?

Yes.... I have a thing for drinks.

4 comments:

cclarebear said...

the best thing about tea is that it's a natural appetite suppressant. nom.

Anonymous said...

A cuppa for sure!
alice

Nick said...

I do this too! My favorites are Nimbu Pani (from India - lime juice with sugar and water) and Moroccan mint tea (green tea with fresh mint leaves and plenty of sugar). So don't worry - you're not the only one with the drinks obsession!

Bethany said...

I am a total chai girl :) I looooove Sbux chai but try not to splurge on it too much. I do like regular tea, too :)