Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Crazy family Christmas get-together that lasted nearly a month

From christmas


Do we look like sisters?
From christmas

Saying goodbye to my family as they wing their way back to South Asia makes me so thankful that I keep to keep Judah for about 18 years and Isaac till death do us part.

Yesterday as we talked about the impending goodbye and how much we all wished we lived near each other, my Dad suggested we buy a camp and then move into it. Mom pointed out that if we were the ones living at the camp it would not be profitable endeavor. Dad then suggested that my sister Michelle open a restaurant (she's a great chef) and we all live off of her earnings.... since apparently the rest of us have nothing to contribute to our corporate profitability. :)

While we're on the topic of my crazy family, I took them to an Asian superstore. You'd never know they've lived in Asia for nearly my whole life sometimes, like when my dad says things aloud like, "Is there ANY part of the animal the Chinese don't use?!" ... while standing right in the middle of a crowd of Chinese shoppers. ;)

From christmas

I'm just so thankful they were here. It was such a crazy time, fitting people into little apartments and shuttling them across town to be together, all with a brand new baby.

From christmas

It could be that after family leaves I find myself feeling pretty lonely. Hopefully not, but it could be. The silence is heavy after the bustling household. (ps - in the photo below, we were attempting to explain a digital photo frame to my grandparents. All things technology are entirely confusing to them - hilarious)

From christmas

From christmas

So far, though, I find this motherhood thing so gratifying. I remember in high school I once told people that I wanted to be needed more than I wanted to be loved. That is a ridiculously co-dependant thing to say, and I hope I am a healthier person today. However, it is a part of my personality to love to meet needs. I am not an idea person... I like to see a need and meet it. So, whereas I think a great many women find it so difficult to have an infant entirely dependant on them for EVERYTHING, I am really finding it so fulfilling. This little man needs me. I know how to meet his needs. As someone that has struggled with feeling like I'm not doing anything meaningful in my career at times, this is just amazing and immensely meaningful.
From christmas

Anyways... enough rambling thoughts for now.

From christmas

I attempted to take some senior photos for my sister Michelle. Isn't she just beautiful?

From christmas

2 comments:

Rach said...

It looks like so much fun! You do look like sisters, but not exactly alike by any means. I'm glad you've had a great time, but I'll be happy to have Jana back. :)

Maureen Kennedy said...

That's funny. My mom got a digital picture frame for Christmas too!