Saturday, January 8, 2011

Year in Review Quiz/Survey thingy

Once again, I did a year in review quiz survey thingy, copying A Chase After the Wind (who also just had a baby so our answers are similar sometimes! Here's the same survey from last year.

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Gave birth to a baby and go to China!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I just discovered from my quiz last year that I had resolved to take pre-reqs for my counseling degree (success!) and pick up some form of art again (total failure, second year in a row). This next year I want to emphasize gentleness and patience with my hubby and son, but that's not very measurable. I'd like to have gone through all my scrapbook file from Moody and either slap it into a scrapbook or toss it. I need closure on that long-stashed project!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yeah, my friends Missy and Ana, and my sister-in-law.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No

5. What places did you visit?
China, Chicago

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Air conditioning in my car? :)

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I have a horrible time remembering dates, but I'll remember my son's birthday!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I had a baby, that was pretty huge.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I think I recognize more and more my failures as a friend.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Recovery from having a baby was pretty intense for a couple of weeks, but I swear prenatal vitamins boosted my immunse system for the rest of the year.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
ummm... graco carseat and a snap and go stroller? Or mayble the "miracle" swaddling blanket?

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My hubby was so supportive throughout the pregnancy and has been such a good dad for Judah so far. I've also been so impressed with my two sisters as they've dealt with new relationships. The way they've looked for advice and been really wise has so impressed me.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
It's tough to watch people when they seem unable to change and beat the cycle of negativity.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, car insurance, and medical bills. Those are are three biggest expenses.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Finding out I was having a baby and then meeting him nine months later! Watching a guy become a follower of Jesus while I was in China was so humbling.

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
The song "How Great You Are" by Phillips, Craig, and Dean that played on my way to work the day after I found out Judah was coming.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
happier. This motherhood thing has been really thrilling so far.
b) thinner or fatter?
I think I weigh five pounds more than I did a year ago. Then again, I'm also carrying some extra weight up top while I feel this little man!
c) richer or poorer?
Poorer. Car trouble and a baby took a load out of our budget.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Partying with friends.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Hmm.. I don't know.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With four generations of family all crammed into our living room, and cuddling my son and husband. Pretty amazing Christmas.

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
With my son, yep.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Lost ended *sob*, but I've been loving Mad Men.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. But there are a few people that I am more convinced might just be crazy.

24. What was the best book you read?
I loved Soul Survivor by Yancey, and I can't remember if there was another one that I loved as much.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Josh Garrells, Josh Turner, Zac Brown Band, Regina Spektor. I was behind.

26. What did you want and get?
This cool necklace I've been oogling off of etsy for over a year. A memory foam mattress topper. A bigger kitchen. A healthy baby.

27. What did you want and not get?
A problem free car?

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I actually loved the A-Team, it was fun. Also loved How to Train Your Dragon

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

28, and had a little birthday party with my hubby, mom, and brother.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Immeasurably? That's a tough thing to answer. I would sure love to have family close by all the time!

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Eh.. I work at an office. So I wear pretty basic business casual and am fairly boring most of the time.

32. What kept you sane?
walks. Long talks reconnecting with Isaac. People surprising us with financial gifts that paid our bills this summer.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I discovered Paul Farmer via his autobiography and was pretty impressed.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Health care reform.

35. Who did you miss?
Family, all of em. Ana and Missy and Rachel...

36. Who was the best new person you met?
There have been a couple of really great new people at work.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Being responsible does not garuntee stability and success, either on a spiritual or practical level. Ultimately my trust cannot by in myself or the safety net I build.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I had to google this. Called Zion and it's by Lauryn Hill

How beautiful if nothing more
Than to wait at Zion's door
I've never been in love like this before
Now let me pray to keep you from
The perils that will surely come
See life for you my prince has just begun
And I thank you for choosing me
To come through unto life to be
A beautiful reflection of his grace
See I know that a gift so great
Is only one God could create
And I'm reminded every time I see your face

1 comment:

Rae said...

Paul Farmer rocks. I haven't read his autobiography, but everything I have heard of him is great.