Sunday, April 10, 2011

Camping!

I've hardly ever been camping in the US. My family started camping after I left for college, so my only US experience was some college camping trips with our student group. That was pretty different from camping on a beach or a remote mountain village in Papua.

We went with our friends and my sister, and got lost amidst fields of blue bells before we finally found the camping site.

America has pretty awesome tents!
We went from a day of warm weather and shorts to a night where temps dropped to the 40's. We did the whole smores and games around the campfire, with Judah asleep in the car seat beside us. He actually had the best night of sleep he's ever had before or since - he didn't wake up till 5 am!  It was a pretty risky thing - taking a four-month old camping. In the end it was totally fine.


Again, it was so wonderful to have my sister around during her Spring Break. She's so great with Judah, and I just love having the familiarity of family that I love. :)

It was just fun. These are the times with friends that I know we'll remember and miss when we're gone. And you know... they make me feel like a real American. :)


3 comments:

Jaimie said...

AWWWWWW. Judah is so cute there!

junglewife said...

Looks like you had fun!

I had to laugh at that picture of Isaac in shorts and t-shirt with the people beside him all bundled up. That is SO my husband! I can be freezing, in jeans and sweatshirt, and he will be sitting around in his shorts and t-shirt! :-)

Sarah said...

That looks like so much fun! I admit I'm a bit jealous that the weather in Texas is suitable for camping already. We love camping, but will probably miss out on the whole camping season this year since I'm already almost 6 months pregnant. Just the other day my husband was trying to figure out if and when it'd still be possible. :) Glad Judah was good for you on the excursion!