Saturday, April 23, 2011

Why I love my job

There are a few ongoing rivalries and practical jokes in my office. I absolutely love the moments of fun and craziness... and some moments that are so off-the-wall that they could actually be an episode of "The Office".

Recently I walked down the hallway and saw that one of the director's office has been labeled. The rest of the day was funny to listen to people first see this:

"My name", "my  title"

"door knob" - "push down to open door" 

And then they would peek into the office and see this:

"Men's room", "my office"


Then they'd walk in and start reading the post-its, and as they moved through the office an occasional chuckle would turn into an occasional guffaw, and then finally some pretty good shrieks of laughter at the biggest post-it inside jokes.

"Phone - say "hello" when it makes noise"

"hats - to keep my noggin from burnin'"

"mouse - not real"
And throughout the week that the director was gone, people added post-its. You know.... some people. ;)
"old people info"

"Cuba trinkets (made in China)

I really do love the people I work with.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

That's awesome! When I worked at the school we played some practical jokes too :)