Friday, October 28, 2011

Breathing

I just arrived at home. There's a candle burning. The dishes are washed. Christmas music playing softly. My sleeping little angel in the corner and his daddy drinking tea and reading in the other corner. I'm ever so thankful for that man and for the peace he and our home pour into me.

*deep breath*

I need to work the knots out of these shoulder muscles and slow down.

I'm keeping up with things and continuing to invest in everyone I need to invest in, but only at the expense of soul rest, you know what I mean?

In the winter I started a new role at my job and I just did so again a couple weeks ago. It was the same way back in February - several weeks of things feeling insane while I attempted to incorporate the changes into a manageable rhythm. That time and this time my writing totally went south until I got a handle on things. It's always sort of ironic because when I'm going-going-going is really when I want to write to get it all out of my head.

And now my sleeping angel slowly started moving and is now sitting up with his paci bobbing his mouth and staring at me with his big blue eyes. This calls for Mommy/Judah snuggles.




1 comment:

lisamckaywriting said...

Gorgeous. Yay for snuggle time. And, can I just say, I'm feeling the writing pinch as well being in Mum land and I'm not working full time at the moment. Sounds like you're doing an amazing job juggling things.