Thursday, November 10, 2011

7 Quick Takes - 7 Favorites Right Now

** Link up with other 7 Quick Takes at Conversion DiarySuperman goes to brenham texas for ice cream robin scherbatzki and the rest of the canucks fans revolt

1. Blue Bell Pumpkin Pie ice cream.
Tastes like pumpkin pie with whipped cream! It has chunks of roasted sugared pecans in it and our friend Josh who stayed with us last week gasped when he tried it and said it was probably the best ice cream he'd ever had.




BetterOats Oat Revolution Instant Oatmeal with Flax (Apples & Cinnamon)2. Oat Revolution
Walmart has recently been featuring these packets of five instant oatmeals for $1. I like them - they have flax seeds in them and they're set up so the packet itself has a measuring line in it so you know how much water to put in. Perfect for this working mom who is often grabbing breakfast in the office kitchen on my way to my desk in the morning! 


3. Ghirardelli Sea Salt Soiree
IMG_8149Dang.  I like dark chocolate. Really dark. And this is the best I've had in America. Smooth and dark and flavored with sea salt and bits of almond. YUM.






Green Onions4. Green Onions
So, Pinterest told me to stick the white bottoms of green onions in water and they would regrow. Worth a try, right? Within hours of putting the bases in water I could see growth, and in a few days I have an entirely new bunch of green onions. Weird but cool and ... awesomely cost saving.





Prim Candles5. Fall Candles
I love the chill in the air and I want to enjoy the season. Fall scented candles are burning all the time in our apartment right now.


Pan_Am_TV_Series-138040617-large



6. Pan Am
I don't have a show that is "my show" right now, but I'm trying out Pam Am. It's okay. I'm not a HUGE fan, but it's interesting.





7. Most of all... seeing my brother become a daddy. I've got a new little niece that just came home today. I got all emotional seeing the photos of my brother and the baby, and I cannot wait to meet her and see my brother and sister in law! Bring on Thanksgiving!


6 comments:

lisamckaywriting said...

I want some of that ice cream. Really. Want... Sigh.

Kacie said...

Sorry Lisa! Enjoy some tropical fruit for me in return? :)

Ann-Marie Ulczynski said...

Ditto on the dark chocolate! And congrats on becoming an aunt - it's so much fun!!

Sarah said...

I love that the first four things are all food related. And congrats on the new little niece!

Monica said...

Congrats on the new niece! I remember how emotional I got when I first saw my brother with his new born daughter. It's the best feeling!

jen said...

chili spice and chocolate also work together surprisingly well. the sea salt chocolate didn't surprise me -- it's the combination of salty and sweet.