Monday, April 23, 2012

trying out Marriage Letters.... and an announcement

Recently I have been intrigued by the Marriage Letters linkup. It's a bit of a tricky thing, talking about your marriage on your blog. I want to keep strong boundaries to keep our marriage appropriately private, to allow us to process and grow and struggle without blasting it all over the Internet. However, I also think it's beautiful allow your real life to be gently and honestly revealed. Transparency about beauty and struggles is helpful for all of us. And so, although Isaac doesn't blog, I'd like to experiment with this Marriage Letters link up. It may or may not feel like my kind of thing, we'll see!

As it turns out, this week the topic was enduring loss together.Well, we are young, and the tally of external losses in our lives is small. Death of a friend, too many childhood goodbyes, grandparents who passed away when we were younger.


In any case, because it just felt disingenuous to write about walking through loss together when we haven't done so very much yet, I decided to forgo writing a letter and decided to point you over at Joy in this Journey, where couples are writing blog letters to each other.

AND..... announcement.....

We got the call today that we're accepted as candidates to the organization that we applied to to go overseas. It's been months of going through the application process, so knowing we're past that hurdle is a relief. Wahoo!

If any of you would like to be on our newsletter list, just let me know. Obviously there are  personal details I don't put on the net, although you may get more emotional details here, actually. 

Next step? Orientations and support-raising. I have NO idea how long this will take.At least we know we're moving forward. 

12 comments:

Jaimie said...

Put me right on that newsletter.

YAYYYYYY. YOU ARE ACCEPTED. Yes.

Kacie said...

Hey, which email address should I use?

Shannah said...

Congratulations!!! Put the Hayleys on the newsletter list (probably my email address). I've found in life that just as you seem to be adjusting (and getting content) with the what-is, God upsets the apple cart. Enjoy the journey!

Jaimie said...

jlteekell at gmail

josh said...

um, probably goes without saying, but we'd like to get your letters. And, just out of curiosity, why is it that update letters aren't a good spot for emotional outpourings...haven't figured that out yet, but I just blogged about that and other questions(coincidence).

Catholic Mutt said...

Congratulations on getting accepted!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! That is an exciting step!

Rae said...

Congratulations!

Bob Ewoldt said...

Congrats, Kacie and Isaac! We're so excited for you. Absolutely put us on your newsletter list, and let me know if there's anything I can do to help in the process.

Jan MacLeod said...

Hey Kacie! I followed over from your other blog. Started with the English literature post and worked my way down--which means I still had tears in my eyes from the post about your parents before I got to this post. Life seems to be coming full circle! It's been such a joy and a privilege to follow your family over the years, and to now follow you as well. Please add the Kansas MacLeods to your email list, and know that you're always in our thoughts and prayers.

Erin said...

hey kacie, I too just followed you over from the other blog, we the Alberta Russell's *grin* would also love to be on your newsletter list-as well could you send us info on supporting you finacially? My email is hopeandfaith27@yahoo.com and our mailing address is box 175 Darwell AB
T0E 0L0
Thinking of you and praying for you guys as you make the move from dreams to reality!
Love and Hugs from Canada!
Erin

Kacie said...

You guys are the best. Jan, Bob, Erin, thank you. :)