Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Whirlwind Road Trip and Sister Love!

We took a whirlwind trip to do two days of orientation for the organization we just joined. We stopped by my sister Joy's college and picked her up so the she could watch Judah for us during the meetings.

It just so happened that my sister and Isaac's sister were both in town. That is three sisters total. Since we don't live near any of our family, any chance to catch up on each others' lives and get Judah used to them is a massive gift. 
Having Joy around was wonderful. Since Judah spent several months being super clingy, being around an extended family member was great for helping the process of getting him comfortable not being with us.



Judah even got to meet his adorable little cousin Isaiah.


It really was pure coincidence that we happened to be in town the same time as my sister's bridal shower. We got to visit her church, spend time around town (during which Judah was a fussy monster), hang out with her fiance, and then Joy and I had girl time at the bridal shower. Again, such a gift.


So, while I do not recommend 16 hour road trips, I do recommend that if you have to do them, you get in a little family time and bring along a sibling to entertain the kiddo.

Actually we had a good laugh when late one night as we searched for a decent hotel Isaac searched his ipod and put on old school DC Talk. Isaac and I could sing along to every word and my sister watched in wonder and said, "you know you have older siblings when they can sing along to all of DC Talk". And I thought... wow.... she doesn't know every word of DC Talk?  It was just ever-present in our generation so that I absorbed it even though I didn't own it. I just think of my sisters as having been in my generation but as it turns out.....

I am old.


2 comments:

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

Haha! No worries, I'm old with ya. I still love DC Talk and can sing every lyric by heart. Good stuff!

Also, I love that you got to see your sisters! I get to see 2 of my 3 sisters this weekend and I am SO excited! :)

Rach said...

I know quite a few DC Talk songs, and I think I'm 6 or 7 years your junior!

Judah and Isaiah are both SO cute. Seriously, Isaiah gets more gorgeous every time I see him.